From Larry Fowler's book Rock Solid Kids . . .
Sharing the Gospel with Children
Repeat the message often. No matter what you are teaching, include the following eight truths regularly. Your students will learn well through the repetition:
- God is holy (perfect and without sin).
- We are sinners.
- There is punishment for sin - death in hell and separation from God's love.
- God loves us.
- Jesus died on the cross and rose again.
- His death paid the punishment for us.
- If we trust in what Jesus did on the cross, our sins are forgiven.
- God will give us eternal life.
Keep it simple, keep it accurate, and include it regularly. Let the Holy Spirit use your words.
Encourage them to trust in Christ. Tell children you will be glad to help them understand more, and if they would like to talk to you, you are available. Say this regularly.